About my uwemi
Have you ever wanted to have a map with flags over cities and states where your friends live, so you can visit them next time you’re in town? Now you can. Uwemi is a social platform that helps you geo-tag all your online friends using Google Maps.
Uwemi is the only platform allowing you to integrate your existing social profiles on Facebook, LinkedIn*, Flickr*, Plaxo* etc, into one, unique Friends Map of the world, so you can:
• Place your friends on your GPS or mobile and get updates when they relocate;
• Organize a cross-country tour through places your friends live;
• Get tips on what places to visit when you’re in town;
• Plan a trip to your friend’s city.
Your Uwemi account can synchronize data with your Facebook account to tag their locations tagged on your friends map. You basically Google Map your Facebook friends. When a friend changes their address on Facebook, your map gets automatically updated too. With this setup, when you hover over a city or state, a popup will list the names of your friends that live there.
You can even enter your friends’ addresses, so next time you want to visit; you can use the Get Directions from Google Maps:
• How long it will take you to drive within speed limits;
• How much you will spend on gas and road fees;
• What are the best places to visit along the way?
We developed Uwemi driven by the idea of bringing online friends and travel plans together. It happens to everybody: We drive by a city or town, and a thought pops up “Do I know anybody in this place?” With the hundreds and even thousands of connections on Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, MySpace and so on, it is impossible to know where all our connections live. Thanks to Uwemi, you can finally answer to this question.
Imagine how nice it would be to see your online friends and have a personal guide around town. You can get first hand tips for places to see, restaurants to check out, nice cafes to visit, or even get a recommendation for an event near by.
With your Uwemi profile, you finally have the chance of creating that Friends Map. It’s convenient, secure and you will love your travels even more.
* Support for these and other social networks coming soon. At this stage only Facebook allows for this Web 3.0 data-sharing. Others will have to follow.